Saturday, January 19, 2008

Rachael Ray Protests Too Much

I want women to understand that I have been where many women in a relationship, or, marriage woes have to go and believe me when I tell ya, Too much talk can kill the message that all is well in your world. Okay, so it is really nobody business if your man is cheating... that you have cheated on your man...It is for you to know and for the world to butt out. However, the mistake I see and hear many women make when they are on this journey of perhaps pretense and denial; They simply protest too much! Rachael Ray has become a household name. People wanna know what is going on in her celebrity marriage to her musician, lawyer, husband. That is just how gossip works for so many of us who lead an otherwise mundane existence. We need, feed and digest a juicy bit of tidbit and if it appears that the person, usually the woman is miserable and for some sick reason, it becomes more tantalizing gossip to chew on for days, months and years down the line. Rachael Ray is to be commended for trying to appear nonchalant, stating to Lara Spencer, the Friday gossip guru on Rays show, that she and hubby just laugh it off and think it silly, while they are drinking martinis in the kitchen and being lovey-dovey (yeah, right) I am not a Rachael Ray basher here. I am saying to all women, you do not have to act/speak on people who gossip about your personal business. You do not have to go on record and deny that something is wrong in your relationship. People are going to gossip. We all know that celebrity news sells. I wrote a gossip column for a spell, but, the mag was a startup and frankly, the monies was not worth the effort...But, I digress. If you are a Star who does not want the public to know your business, keep your mouth shut and hire yourself a good publicist, someone whose not just in it for the money. For all of you regular folks, like me, I have a word of advice for when gossip rears its ugly head. Mums the word, ladies and gents. Guy Finley is one of the motivational writers/speaker that I love to quote when I am giving my own little spill on learning from living life experiences. Your opinion of me is none of my business. You see, if we are being honest, we all, at some point, celebrity, or not, need to be liked. The realism being, not everyone is going to like you. Women, when you are the butt of nasty gossips, I advise you not to despair and please for the love of all things private, keep your mouth shut, because this too shall pass; as life goes on... Clara B. Freeman is a freelance writer/poet/columnist who advocates for women, children and the elderly. To learn more about her work, or to comment on this article, email clarawriter@att.net Clara B. Freeman is a freelance writer/poet and columnist living in Illinois. To learn more about her work, visit her website clarawriter.com

No comments: